Friday, April 17, 2009

Stephen Harper has U.S agents

Say what? Harper has agents in the US to help him get interviews with US News Networks. Who does he think he is? Brad Pitt? Taxpayers should not, and must not, pay for such agents.

We have an Embassy in Washington D.C and Canadian Consulates in many major US cities. These people are very bright and understand both Canadian and US society. Do you think Ari Fleischer and Michael McCurry understand Canadian society? I doubt it.

I'll give you a personal story. I was attending a conference in Augusta, Maine a few years ago. I ran into this gentleman who asked me if I was Canadian. I told him yes. He asked if I would consider having lunch with him and his friends. I was nervous because, despite the gentleman being very polite, I had the feeling that he was a high profile person. Anyway, I did join them for lunch. It turned out that he was Consulate General of Canada in Boston and his friends were businesspersons and diplomats. I kept to myself but he put me at ease through his mannerism and in no time I was yapping away. He was exceptionally knowledgeable on the American trade situation and indeed he was well-versed with Canada. Needless to say, I was impressed. So, why are these people not good enough for Harper?

Is it possible that Harper's former boss/overlord George W. Bush approached him and said that Ari, his former Press Secretary, was having difficulty finding a good job in the US and that Harper can give him a good start in Canada. And then suggested to hire Michael McCurry too as it would be good for PR purposes that it is not a Bush crony alone. Just guessing but looks like it. Why our Prime Minister needs an ex-spokesperson of Bush beats me.

Recommend this post

No comments:

Post a Comment