Thursday, September 22, 2011

Troy Davis

After desperate pleas to halt the execution - including from Jimmy Carter, the Pope, and even from supporters of capital punishment - Troy Davis was executed.

It is a sad story. I don't think Davis committed the murder in question, or at the very least there was too much reasonable doubt to convict him: several eye witnesses recanted (having felt coerced to implicate Davis in the first place). Also, it was not possible to discern it was Davis at the crime scene itself, given the darkness and distance a witness would have had to been.

I have always been against capital punishment, something innate in me I guess. What if the real killer comes forward? This is a real tragedy.

P.S. I haven't included a picture with this post, it is too sad for me to look at the picture of Troy Davis given what's happened.

Recommend this post

No comments:

Post a Comment