Saturday, April 18, 2009

To my readers, critics and friends

Everyone is welcome on my blog. However, if you come here to change my fundamental political beliefs, then you're wasting your time. I consider myself a good listener, however there are certain principles in life that I feel one must never compromise.

For instance, when it comes to politicians and bureaucrats, I firmly believe that they are public servants (they are there to serve the public, not the other way around). I have been part of that world and have some understanding about the role of a public servant.

For political leaders, serving the public MUST come first, it should not be about their egos or self-glory. They should not act like Egyptian Pharaohs. The problem with our current leaders in Canada is that they are infatuated with their own egos and self-glory. The well-being of Canadians has taken a backstage. And that kind of leadership is source of a great anguish.

Who are these self-aggrandizing leaders? I am talking of course about Stephen Harper and Michael Ignatieff.

I am not a regular listener of Frank Sinatra, but the other day I heard his song "I Did It My Way." (I do have to note that where it says a "man" in his song it should also say a "woman" but what do you expect, it was sung by the "Chairman of the Board.") Nonetheless, the following lyrics did catch my attention:

For what is a man , what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught.
To say he truly feels;
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record shows I took the blows -
And did it my way!

I think there is a valuable lesson in this song. Now sit back, relax, turn up the volume and listen to the "Chairman of the Board" sing. Cheers.



Editorial Note: After posting, I edited this post for grammar only, the content is the same.

Recommend this post

4 comments:

  1. Agree or not, I wouldn't want you any other way, darlin'

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Jennifer said. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penlan, thank you.

    ReplyDelete