Video of the Giant Sequoia: Gen. Sherman
Giant Sequoia trees are so huge even though they come from a seed the size of a grain of wheat.
Some interesting facts of Giant Sequoia Trees.
- Fastest growing trees in the world.
- Biggest in width.
- Bark as much as 4 feet thick, 50 feet long, branches 100 feet off the ground.
- The trees have survived for 2,000 or 3,000 years some even longer.
- Some of the largest trees measure 35 feet in basel diameter and up to 300 feet in height.
- The tallest standing giant sequoia is 311 feet tall and the tallest redwood is 367 feet tall.
- They can grow up to 1 to 2 feet tall per year until its between 200 to 300 feet high, then like people they grow out.
- The tree grows at elevations of 6,500 feet.