Sunday, June 13, 2010

Israel and intransigence

I used to think that Israel is intransigent. Then this fellow, kind of a spokesperson for Israel, started leaving comments on my blog defending every action of Israel. I tried to reason with him and pointed out what the world thinks of Israeli actions. He basically said the world does not matter, only Israel matters and called Palestinians barbarians which is a derogatory term for Arabs. Now I know for a fact that Israel is intransigent and as 60% Europeans said in a survey Israel is the biggest danger to world peace, bigger than Iran, North Korea and the US. It all makes sense. Thanks to this spokesperson, he proved that beyond any reasonable doubt. Here is a sample of his comments.

Mike said...
"They continue to build new settlements on Palestinian land. Give your head a shake. "

I used to believe in that one myself when I was more naive. As much as I dislike the fact that Israel builds in disputed territories this should not be a concern. Building there and then returning it is a waste of Israel's money and nothing more.

When Israel evacuated its settlements in Gaza, it returned the territory WITH the homes we built on it. We even offered them to destroy them if they do not like our building style.

The first thing those barbarians did when they got the land was to set the synagogues on fire.
9:04 PM

You may look at these sections of my blog here, here, and here for more examples.

Recommend this post

8 comments:

  1. It does not seem like you are capable of having a mature and reasonable conversation, so I'll go somewhere else. You seem to be very knowledgeable and passionate about the Palestinian suffer, but totally dismiss the Israeli perspective and considerations. You are not fair minded; you blindly took a side and ignore inconvenient facts. I know you like writing about hypocrisy here. The biggest hypocrite in this blog is you, my friend. So long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and yes. Burning synagogues is barbarian. I stand 100% behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're even more crazy than I thought. It is people like you who discredit Israel because there are many Israelis who oppose Israeli government and IDF actions. Now what you call this;

    "President Mahmoud Abbas mandated the immediate reconstruction of a mosque allegedly burnt down by Israeli settlers on Tuesday in the northern West Bank governorate of Nablus."

    So who is being immature?
    Good-bye and I hope this time you will keep your words and not leave your hyperbole here anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do condemn settlers violence. This violence is far away of the Israeli mainstream, but it exists. The Israeli police and army actively fight against this phenomenon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. However, destroying a mosque is barbarian too. I am against destroying worship place of any religious group. But you must learn not to be blind and must look at the other side.

    I bet you that destruction of synagogue was not authorized by any legitimate leadership of Palestinians if your story is true in fact.

    Attacks have been launched on Al- Aqsa mosque. I did some more reading after your comment and found that out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Attacks have been launched on Al- Aqsa mosque."

    What? By who? While Muslims pray in Al-Aqsa there have been incidents where they throw stones at Jewish prayers on the other side (the western wall).

    Israel has made the sacred places in Jerusalem free and accessible to members of all religions like it has never been in any time before, under any previous ruling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You said goodbye and I was hoping you will keep your words. Since you asked. Here read this:

    "JERUSALEM: Menacing Hebrew graffiti was found on a mosque outside the Israeli city of Haifa on Wednesday, a religious foundation said, amid rising threats against leaders of the country's Arab minority.
    The Al-Aqsa Foundation for Religious Endowments and Heritage distributed pictures of the graffiti, calling the vandalism a “great and reprehensible crime” and demanding that Israeli authorities investigate it."

    Learn to do some research. There is tons of material about Israelis vandalizing Al Aqsa mosque. I understand this is as important to Muslims as Wailing Wall to Jews and Bethlehem to Christians.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A final note. We do disagree but I do wish you all the best.

    My hope is that there will be peace in the Middle East and Israel will learn to live in peace with its neighbour.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete