Wednesday, December 02, 2015

Music and Human Brain

I always wondered about the complexity of human brain and how music impacts human brain. We all have tragedies in our lives. Music provide calmness. Certain sad event happened in my life and I cannot listen to music anymore. I have a large collection of music CD's but I hardly ever listen to them anymore. Another mystery of life..


Music perception involves complex brain functions underlying acoustic analysis, auditory memory, auditory scene analysis, and processing of musical syntax and semantics. Moreover, music perception potentially affects emotion, influences the autonomic nervous system, the hormonal and immune systems, and activates (pre)motor representations. During the past few years, research activities on different aspects of music processing and their neural correlates have rapidly progressed.

Recommend this post

2 comments:

  1. I am sad that you cannot listen to music anymore L.D. Maybe that will change one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pamela, thank you. Life is a mystery.

    ReplyDelete