Putin objected to the ‘American Exceptionalism’ in an Op-ed in The New York Times. He is wrong. ‘American Exceptionalism’ does exist.
“My working and personal relationship with President Obama is marked by growing trust. I appreciate this. I carefully studied his address to the nation on Tuesday. And I would rather disagree with a case he made on American exceptionalism, stating that the United States’ policy is “what makes America different. It’s what makes us exceptional.” It is extremely dangerous to encourage people to see themselves as exceptional, whatever the motivation.” Putin
- Americans own more guns per capita than any other Western Nation.
- Every year 10 to 12 thousand Americans are killed through violence and mostly by gunshots.
- There is more poverty in U.S than any other developed nation.
- Sex trade is rampant. Young girls are bought and forced into prostitution. Most of these girls are Asians.
- Discrimination based on culture, religion and race is rampant.
- America has used more weapons of mass destruction than any other nation on earth including atomic bombs and lethal gas weapons.
- America has the worst healthcare system in the whole developed world.
- Freedom of speech which allows KKK spread hate against blacks and other minorities. Violence carried out against minorities
- Screwed-up decision-making at Federal level. If President wants a legislation (such as healthcare reform) Congress will stand in the way. And vice-versa given the president’s veto power.
- The top 1 percent of U.S. earners collected 19.3 percent of household income in 2012, their largest share in Internal Revenue Service figures going back a century. Last year (2012), the incomes of the top 1 percent rose 19.6 percent compared with a 1 percent increase for the remaining 99 percent.