Monday, December 14, 2009

My job is to grow body parts...

...says the good doctor. It was an amazing documentary over the weekend on CBS 60 minutes. Doctors in this documentary explain how each human cell (or a cell of other living creatures) knows what its job is. An ear cell knows how to grow an ear; a bladder cell knows how to grow a bladder only, and a heart cell knows how to grow a heart. This is extraordinary programming which goes into these cells. How did that programming get in there? I don't know, I only ask questions.

For example, a computer program like Windows we know is produced by Bill Gates or his techs. Thousands of hours go into such programming yet these programs are what they are and don't have the capability to multiply and grow into something bigger like cells do. All the computers programs in the world put together are less complex than a single living cell.

All science knows is that those cell programs are there and how to use them to grow body parts but yet have said nothing about how that programming got in there. At least to my knowledge.

I also watched a documentary on National Geographic where they talk about the known universe and talked about the complexity of even a single atom, and of how science still does not know all its complexity. There is a universe within an atom which this documentary explains encompasses the nature of the whole universe or a miniature of universe. As you know that an atom is so small that it is not visible to the naked human eye.

Damn I used to know everything until I entered university and that know-it-all myth started shattering only never to recover from it. Now all I know is that I really don't know.

Here is the CBS video on growing body parts:

Recommend this post

No comments:

Post a Comment