Thursday, January 22, 2009

Gaza and Palestinian Land: A killing field for the last 60 years

I was going to do a funny picture today about Obama's first day in the Oval office. But then I started reading this story "The World Should Stop Israel's Killing Machine." A link was sent to me by a fellow Liberal Blogger. My humour disappeared and I could hardly eat my breakfast.

Dear friends, since this current slaughter began in Gaza and the fiasco at so-called Liblogs, I started reading more and more about the Israeli–Palestinian struggle. All these stories have touched me. As a matter of fact, I have been very selective in my readings. If the source was Arab or Palestinian, I worried about bias even though I had seriously started doubting our Western media. Now I have started believing Arab and Palestinian sources more. However, this story is not written by an Arab or Palestinian, but by a former US Marine. Here is his picture and brief bio below.




"Tim King is a former U.S. Marine with twenty years experience on the west coast as a television news producer, photojournalist, reporter and assignment editor. In addition to his role as a war correspondent, this Los Angeles native serves as Salem-News.com's Executive News Editor.

Tim spent the winter of 2006/07 in Afghanistan with Oregon troops. Tim recently returned from Iraq where he covered the war, embedded with an Oregon Guard aviation unit. Serving the community in very real terms, Salem-News.com is one of the few truly independent high traffic news Website, affiliated with Google News and several other major search engines and news aggregators.

You can send Tim an email at this address:
newsroom@salem-news.com"
This story is written by Mr. King the former US Marine. I will like you to watch this video before reading the whole story and links. The song is try-not-to-cry by Yusuf Islam (formerly Cat Stevens) and the Outlandish:



Below is the link for the whole story and other links on the site.

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/january052009/israel_attacks_1-5-09.php

Now I understand why that Bishop at the Vatican called Gaza "A Concentration Camp." Also, there was a Jewish MP from Britain , Sir Gerald Kaufman, who said that Israel was acting like Nazis.

I will request other bloggers to please post this story on their sites too.

Recommend this post

9 comments:

  1. I've been discovering just how woefully ignorant I have been about the early history of modern Israel. Events I had never heard of, like the bombing of the King David Hotel and the "Night of the Trains" (which Tzipi Livni's father participated in and was imprisoned for). And this.

    Funny how terrorists become "freedom fighters" after they win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, quite frankly it is a genocide which has been carried out since 1948.

    I will have few more posts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:59 pm

    Funny how terrorists become "freedom fighters" after they win.
    It always seem the case.
    Israel is a nation founded and run by terrorists - some even became Prime Ministers. Haganah and Irgun would be considered something akin to Hamas today...

    I find it ironic to see some be demonized and others get eulogized.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and how can we forget the leader of Irgun, Menachem Begin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think North Americans have been kept most ignorant of all the global community on the plight of the Palestinians.

    I was introduced to this news/blog site earlier today called Global Voices. Did you know that Caribbeans are stating official support for the Palestinians and embarking on economic boycotts of Israel? An excerpt from an interesting article on this development:

    How can you imagine that, at the time of globalization, when the world becomes a “global village”, Guadeloupean people wouldn't sympathize with the 350 children killed by the IDF? How can you imagine that We, Guadeloupeans, a people born in slavery and settled on this island after the genocide of Native Americans, could be deaf and dumb when such terrible evils befall human beings in the Middle East?

    http://globalvoicesonline.org/2009/01/21/french-guiana-guadeloupe-martinique-boycotting-as-a-means-of-retaliation-against-israel/

    Our media makes it sound like it's a conflict of equal foes at best or simply a justified defense action on the part of Israel. Many throughout the world, especially those nations that have experienced violent oppression, know exactly how barbaric Israel's actions are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I posted it on your behalf. Gaza and Palestinian Land: A killing field for the last 60 years. It will also go automatically to my facebook page. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:06 pm

    The Irgun. Quite a few videos can be found here [be patient, loading somewhat slow].

    In solidarity with you, LeDaro!

    P.S. I will be posting your story some time later this evening. Thanks for the link. I had not seen that one yet.
    -----------------
    What you can do

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is a woman Brigette Gabriel, who is very outspoken about the Muslim threat to America and the rest of the world.
    I have certainly been against this Israeli aggression on Gaza and the Bush/Cheney complicity but she has a story from a different perspective and worth listening to.
    I don't know how to copy/paste,etc. but will get back on here with a link.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gene, thank you and thank for links.

    Oemissions, Israel has lost this war through its atrocities. I will have a hard time believing Brigette Gabriel as she could be a plant by Israelis to repair damage done to its reputation if it had any to start with.

    ReplyDelete